Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 5

So I've begun deviating from the outline/rough draft/whatever I wrote last month... I guess that's probably normal, though. I'm just worried that I'll go so off plan that later notes will become basically unusable, and I'll end up hitting a major bump in the road. That wouldn't be a good time...

I'm also really worried that my characters don't mesh well together. A lot of dialogue in these last few chapters, and most of it between the same two characters in particular. I'm probably biased or whatever, but I can't help but feel that their conversation isn't flowing very well, and they don't really have chemistry together (which is a problem, considering they're suppose to be love interests!)

The villains seem to fit together a bit better, though, so it's not all a wash. And the heroes will soon have a third in their midst, who'll hopefully shake up the dynamic, and perhaps even make the other two more interesting at the same time.

A man can dream, right?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/psyched-slash

~Psylash...

No comments:

Post a Comment