Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 10

A new personal best in NNWM for me today, at 4708 words written (I got 76 more, but missed the site midnight update by seconds, so they'll count for tomorrow).

So, stuff is happening. Stuff and things and events even. The characters are being more proactive. They're being more varied in their interactions. There's a bit of mystery, a lot of action. Dare I say there's even a little suspense? All of which is really nice!

I'm especially worried about the ... well, basically the entire first half of the book... Very little really happens during it. Which is fine, I guess. It's setting up for the second half of the book, and for the rest of the series really. But I've read plenty of novel writing advice lately, and a lot of it recommends not waiting for things to pick up. There should be action or mystery or excitement in general throughout.

I'm working that weird, but hopefully that makes sense. The point is, the first half of the book is going to end up being boring as it stands right now. Hopefully that'll be mitigated by rewrites, but that's so far down the line I really don't want to even think about it right now.

Maybe I'll should enact Chandler's Law a bit...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/psyched-slash

~Psylash...

No comments:

Post a Comment