Monday, November 21, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 21

Well...the book is done...sorta...kinda...

Ah, look, at the end of chapter 23, I realized that I had written myself into 2 corners... One glaring plot hole, and one plot thread that I wasn't prepared to actually write... So instead I wrote a quick, all-caps 3-4 paragraph summary of how that chapter would end before moving on to chapter 24...

Tonight I decided, fuck the whole thing, and wrong similar summaries for the entirety of chapters 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and the epilogue... Will I spend the rest of the month expanding on those summaries? I hope so... I really do... But I don't see myself doing that...

I at least hope that, now that I have a mostly-functional first draft, I'll spend time post-NNWM going back over the whole thing and maybe editing and rewriting it into something worth reading... Remember: I want to be a writer... Like, that's the thing I wanted to do when I grew up, and still want to do now that I (technically) am grown up...

There's just that lousy problem that I'm pretty sure I'm an absolutely horrible writer, and I can't get any honest feedback on my work to really assess my actual ability... This problem is furthered by the fact that I've been working with these characters (in my head) for a literal decade... I really don't know one way or the other now if they're really any good, because they've just become this part of me that is very difficult to judge now...

I do think I have some vaguely interesting ideas going on, at least... Some being the key word...and vaguely being the second key word... Cliche, but interesting... There is most likely a very salvageable story buried under it all, and I just need the skill to find it...

Or I just need to give up and go back to being the worthless bum I've been since high school... Yeah, that's the one I'll most likely do...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/psyched-slash

~Psylash...

No comments:

Post a Comment